Webgrabplus on Container Station for Qnap

Hi,

I’m totally new to Docker and I’m trying to install webgrabplus on Qnap.
I installed Container Station on the Qnap NAS.
I created a new Docker container and pointed the /config and the /data folders to a share.
I populated the WebGrap++.config.xml with my channels according to the documentation.
Now when I start the container from the Container Station GUI I see this in the console, but no xml is written to the /data folder.
Did I miss something?

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.                                                                                                                                                                               
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.                                                                                                                                                                                       
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...                                                                                                                                                                                                     
[fix-attrs.d] done.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...                                                                                                                                                                                                 
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
usermod: no changes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

-------------------------------------                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
          _         ()                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
         | |  ___   _    __                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
         | | / __| | |  /  \                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
         | | \__ \ | | | () |                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
         |_| |___/ |_|  \__/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Brought to you by linuxserver.io                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
We gratefully accept donations at:                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
GID/UID                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

User uid:    91                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
User gid:    91                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
[cont-init.d] done.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
[services.d] starting services                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
[services.d] done.

It’s got a cron file within the container that runs at 2am every night.

Okay… if that would’ve been documented I wouldn’t have searched for 8 hours to make it work. :smiley:

I have no idea how I can edit this cron job in the container on Qnap. Everything is done through a web GUI. Probably I can ssh into the Qnap and then what?

I figured it out. It’s quite simple once you know it.

1. ssh into the Qnap NAS
  2. run the command: docker exec -i -t webgrabplus-1 bash
    (webgrabplus-1 is the container name)

Thank you!

You don’t need to exec in. The file you need to modify is in the data folder you mapped. It’s all explained in the readme: docker-webgrabplus/README.md at master · linuxserver/docker-webgrabplus · GitHub

You mean /config/wg-cron

I need to exec in to be able to run webgrabplus manually for testing purposes. I’m editing the configuration file.
Thanks for the info!